Friday, June 09, 2006

Progress

Sore back is much better after a couple of times round Arthur's Seat on the bike. Went out with Neil in the Meadows and we practiced wheelies and climbing a big stump. Wheelies getting much better - now sideways stability is starting to be more a problem than just keeping the wheel up. We also went to George sq and got disapproving looks by riding down the stairs. Did the main run from the library to Buccleuch place - which was a psychological milestone, even though in fact it is very easy. Now I should have the courage to do the steps outside the office. Finally I managed a couple of real bunny hops - the 'sucking up' with the legs part. Not sure how, because after doing it 3 times I couldn't do it any more and made a big hole in my shin with the pedal that was bleeding all evening. At least I now know it is possible, not something that only teenage BMX riders can learn.

No comments: