Thursday, November 09, 2006

Long time no blog

No entries for a while, partly because I was not riding much for a few weeks, and then just being too busy at work. However we have had a few rides. A couple of times to the Pentlands, now the mud is here I changed to a really knobbly rear tire and it is great, no sliding around. Last week Neil and I took a visiting colleague from Finland (Sampsa) for his first proper mountain bike trip round the easy loop (Bonaly), and were very impressed with what he would do through and still keep up. I have also got back into lunchtime training rides with Dermot - out to Prestonpans or intervals round Arthur's seat against the gales! Another new thing is a spinning class, on the new bikes in the University gym. Only short (30mins), but pretty hard going, pushing the aerobic limit much of the time. Definitely a good one for rainy days.

Last week we had an early start at Glentress. Only 3 cars in the carpark at 8:30, and no one on the trail the whole way round. We hardly stopped, except for trying to align my new seat post (I had bent another one hitting it with my arse going over a bump). Nearly did all the final gullies without putting a foot down. Took about 2:15hr. By the time we got back to the forest road there were crowds riding up, at least 50 bikers setting off at the same time, and near on 150 cars in the carpark.

No comments: