Monday, July 24, 2006

Zarzalejo

Morning trip with a friend Miguel. Up to the Silla Filipe II, a road in a park called the Herreria where he watched the building of the Monastery. Then along to the old Roman road, which is not as smooth as it once was.
P7230004.JPG
(The only smooth part of the Calzada Romana)

Miguel descends very fast on his dual sus Stumpjumper, but climbs slowly. Puncture in Zarzlejo.
Zarzalejo y Las Machotas
View back to Zarzalego and Las Machotas.

Climb up through the woods to the ridge near La Puera de la Cruz Verde, and descend a great path, with lovely views. Lots of loose stones and sand which makes the back wheel skid all over the place. Return to Escorial. Miguel shows me a tehncail descnet from la Silla that I have never seen, even after looking frequently. This place has so many great hidden trials. 30k, 3 hrs.

1 comment:

cecilio benito alas said...

Dear Scotish friend,

I am one of the Luis Valtueña member that went to Abantos on Saturday. I am the opne that rides the full suspension Merida.. If you are in El Escorial on Wednesday, we are having a meeting at 9 a.m. not far from where you are. If you are interested, please contact me at:
91 715 67 21 or send me an email at: jaberenguer@broadwatercdi.com, and I will let you know exactly the meeting point. It will be a nice run on the other side of the mountain towards Segovia.

Juan Antonio